"Damn ! I have forgotten the description headers."
That what I said a night, when I realized that I have forgotten to add a description header to 10
or 12 files.
Of course adding a header to source files is not very complicated. Just do some copy and paste in a
text editor and the job is done. But with a dedicated tool, you could do it a little bit faster.
HeaderAdder is not a revolutionary soft,
but the kind of tool you put in your soft-dev/ folder and then you forget it until the day you say
"Damn ! I have forgotten …"
HeaderAdder is written in PHP. It is platform independent.
You can access it with your web browser and fill the form. Then you choose the file to which add the header.
The header is added in the begging of the file in form of a comment.
- Platform independent (PHP).
- Following field may be added to your file :
- Title name
- Project name
- File name
- Creation date
- Last update date
- Add your own licence, or choose one from the OSI's approved open source licenses.
- Save and load your default header.
- Update an existing header.
- Create a project file with a list of the files of your project and additionals information
retrieved from headers.
- Multiple programming languages support :
ADA, Abel HDL, Basic, C, C++, Eiffel, Fortran, Haskell, Java, Lisp, Modula2, Pascal, PHP,
Perl, Python, Ruby, Scheme, Tcl, Text, VHDL, Visual Basic.
You can choose between these two options :
- You buy HeaderAdder at the very good price of 10 000 000$, then, each year, you pay a 100 000$ fee.
For each modified file with HeaderAdder you pay an extra 10 000$ fee, and for each file you have not modified with HeaderAdder you pay 5 000$.
Of course you will not forget any of my anniversaries, just 500 000$.
- You download it and you use it for free.
More seriously HeaderAdder is GPL.